Protect is IMBIBE's full-spectrum master formula for immune protection, stress management, protection against early signs of ageing and oxidative stress and helps enhance collagen formation and preservation.
This everyday multi-tasking blend is clinically formulated with five key pillars for health to promote overall radiance and vitality. Combining all-natural Vitamin C with Zinc, Protect helps to safeguard immune function while drenching your cells in the nutrients necessary for optimal cellular renewal, skin repair, cellular protection and optimal collagen formation.
Adaptogens Reishi and Schisandra work in harmony with necessary amino acids L-Glutamine and Glycine to provide daily immune support and skin repair. The “Beauty Berry”, Shisandra, pairs with antioxidant rich superfruits to support collagen formation and repair within the skin matrix. The potent combination of two key adaptogens, Reishi and Schisanrda, work together to balance the endocrine system, support and strengthen the stress response in the body. Reishi, known as the “Mushroom of Immortality” is particularly well known to support the immune system and lead to a state of calm.
Schisandra, the deliciously tart adaptogen, is traditionally used to support the body's ability to handle stress and is said to enhance and preserve beauty at every age. Potent antioxidants found in Australian native camu camu, raspberry, elderberry, pomegranate, elderberry, blackcurrant and blueberry defend the cells from early aging and protect from further oxidative stress.
These critical elements work together to support immune function, protect collagen from accelerated ageing, support the body’s stress response, while encouraging regeneration at a cellular level.
This article studies the effects of Vitamin C as an essential micronutrient for humans. It looks into the risks with vitamin C deficiency on immunity. They concluded that supplementation with vitamin C may be able to both prevent and treat respiratory and systemic infections.
This study conducted a trial of reishi mushroom on 132 people with neurasthenia over 8 weeks. They found that patients taking a 1800mg dose of reishi 3 times a day had significant improvements in fatigue and well-being.
This study conducted a trial of Lengzhi (reishi mushroom) to determine health effects on humans. The results showed regular doses may increase antioxidant capacity and lower lipids.
This study conducted a trial of Lengzhi on 26 people to assess the cardiovascular, metabolic, antioxidant and immune effects. They found that reishi could have antidiabetic effects and improve cholesterol.
- Glycine is an amino acid needed to produce the powerful antioxidant glutathione, which helps to Protect cells against free-radical damage (Liguori I, 2018). Glycine appears to exert several other Protective effects for the body, including anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory and direct cytoProtective actions (Zhong, et al., 2003)
- Camu camu is rich in vitamin C (Inoue, Komoda, Uchida, & & Node, 2008) and high in antioxidants (Inoue, Komoda, Uchida, & & Node, 2008; Carmo, et al., 2019). It has been demonstrated to reduce inflammation (Inoue, Komoda, Uchida, & & Node, 2008; Yazawa, Suga, Honma, Shirosaki, & Koyama, 2011) and exhibits potential antibacterial properties (Kaneshima, Myoda, Toeda, Fujimori, & Nishizawa, 2017; Pardo-Aldave K, 2019). As a functional food, Camu Camu may be beneficial for the prevention of immune-related diseases (Yazawa, Suga, Honma, Shirosaki, & Koyama, 2011).
- Glutamine is an amino acid paramount in the healing process and is (Carmo, et al., 2019)sue repair (MacKay & Miller, 2003; Demling, 2009). It plays an important role in immune function and intestinal health. Dietary need may increase with stress, injury or illness (Demling, 2009).
Schisandra Berry (Schisandra chinensis, fruit)
- Schisandra is an adaptogenic herb, applied for improving mental performance, endurance and resistance to stress; as well as supporting healthy liver function (Bone, 2003)
- Evidence has suggested that Ganoderma lucidum (reishi mushroom) may have antiviral effects (Zheng & Chen, 2017) and antibacterial activity (Hapuarachchi, Wen, Jeewon, XL, & JC, 2016). Reishi is traditionally regarded as an adaptogen, helping the body’s resistance to stress.
- Zinc is a mineral, found in almost every cell in the body with many functions. It plays a role in multiple aspects of immune function and is necessary for healthy tissue growth, regeneration and repair (Whitney, 2011; MacKay & Miller, 2003).